Refer a Patient
CanCare Navigators provide one-to-one non-medical support for a person with cancer, helping them access the services they need during and after their treatment.
Our volunteer Navigators provide companionship, support, time, and knowledge to help identify any problems & link the patient to community services and resources.
Our volunteers help patients to:
- Feel less isolated through regular, ongoing contact.
- Be more empowered and find reputable health information.
- Improve self-management skills to better manage their care; and
- Better comply with treatment and avoid unnecessary hospital visits.
Some of the tasks of our volunteers include:
- Support to stay as healthy as they can whilst in treatment.
- Support in finding new interest and activities.
- Assistance to attend medical or important appointments.
- Assist finding other support services.
- Accompany to do their grocery shopping.
- General companionship with walks or catching up over coffee and cake.
Make a Referral for Help
* Mandatory Field - please add text to complete